Hi, I'm Musaddiq. I am a trilingual Iraqi/Japanese multidisciplinary engineer with expertise in numerical methods, finite element analysis, and optimization techniques. With a Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Structural Innovation and Optimization, I have gained valuable experience in mechanical design, heat transfer, and piezoelectric devices. I have worked in several capacities, including as a post-doctoral researcher at Toyota Technological Institute-Nagoy-Japan and as a design and validation engineer at SHARP Corporation. My experience also includes teaching and mentoring under- and post-graduate students in various porjects. I am proficient in programming languages such as MATLAB,VBA,and Python and have a working knowledge of CAD software. Additionally, I possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and can effectively communicate complex technical information to diverse audiences.
Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering
Focus - Orthopedic designs & Topology optimization
M.Sc. Laser Physics
Focus - Laser matter interaction, Nanocomposites, Tribology
M.Sc. Mechanical Engineering
Focus - Hybrid laminated composite shells, Metaheuristic optimization (GA, and PSO), Vibration
B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering
Post Doctor researcher
December 2020 - present
Toyota Technological Institute, Nagoya, Japan
- Designing metamaterials
- Multiphysics & Multiscale topology optimization of super multi-function structures
- Multiscale topology optimization design of porous structures
Enterprise Professional Experiences
2019 - 2020
RF Design Validation Engineer
- Proficiently designed and managed the end-to-end product development lifecycle of RF cellular, Wi-Fi, and NFC connectivity features for smartphones, encompassing prototype construction, EVT, DVT, and PVT stages, while showcasing comprehensive expertise in enterprise operations and professional experience.
- We developed the first 5G smartphone and portable router in Japan
COMTECH Hiroshima corporation-Japan
2018 - 2020
- Design and develop a customized automated RF measurement system (software and hardware).
- Validation and inspection: PCB and Component Level Inspection, Environmental Testing, and Software-Hardware Integration.
- Developing machine learning solutions for agricultural applications.
Best paper Award
- the 6th Australian Asian rotorcraft forum , Kanazawa-Japan
Best presentation award
- The international conference on industrial application engineering
Altair Enlighten recognition award
- The category of Future of Light-weighting for Automotive Industry Autonomous
Outstanding research award
- International Conference on Intelligent Systems and Image Processing, Japan
Altair Enlighten Recognition award
- Future of Lightweighting
- The 6th Asian/Australian Rotorcraft Forum / Heli Japan
- The proceedings of the 6th IIAE International Conference on Industrial Application Engineering
- The Asian Congress of Structural and Multi-disciplinary Optimization
- The proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering
- Proceedings of the 6th IIAE International Conference on Intelligent Systems and Image Processing
- The proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering
- 14th World Congress of Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization
- 第34回 計算力学講演会
- The 15th World Congress on Computational Mechanics (WCCM-XV) and 8th Asian Pacific Congress on Computational Mechanics (APCOM-VIII)
- The proceedings of the International Conference of Steel and Composite for Engineering Structures
- The 9th Annual World Congress of Advanced Materials
- The 15th World Congress of Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimisation (WCSMO-15)
STUDENT PROJECTS MENTORING
- Shape and size optimization method of micro-frame structure for designing multiscale structure
- A Lagrangian approach to optimal fiber strand placement and orientation design of CFRP shell structures
- Concurrent shape optimization of multi-scale structure for stiffness maximization of a macrostructure
- Micro and macro structural modeling of biological structures And its application to structural design
- Development of an optimization method for microstructure interfaces of 3d structures composed of heterogeneous materials
- Bone clutching boxes for mechanical learning study on conflict loaded control
- A method of shape optimization for strength problems of multi-scale structures
- Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization
- npj precision oncology
- Applied Soft Computing
- Applied Thermal Engineering
- Computer-Aided Design
- Computers in Biology and Medicine
- Composite Structures
- International Journal of Mechanical Sciences
- Systems and Soft Computing
- Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility
Society of Photographic Instrumentation Engineers
- Optical Engineering
- Applied Sciences
Peer Reviewed Journals
1. Topology Optimization and Fatigue Analysis of Temporomandibular Joint Prosthesis, Musaddiq Al Ali , Muazez Al Ali M, Akihiro Takezawa, Mitsuro Kitamura, World Journal of Mechanics, 7:pp. 323-339, 2018.
2. Shape optimization of periodic-microstructures for stiffness maximization of a macrostructure, Minami Fujioka, Masatoshi Shimoda, Musaddiq Al Ali, Composite Structures, 268:pp. 113873, 2021.
3. Concurrent shape optimization of a multiscale structure for controlling macrostructural stiffness, Minami Fujioka, Masatoshi Shimoda, Musaddiq Al Ali, Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization, 65:pp. 1-27, 2022.
4. Toward multiphysics multiscale concurrent topology optimization for lightweight structures with high heat conductivity and high stiffness using MATLAB Musaddiq Al Ali, M. Shimoda, Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization, 65:pp. 1-26, 2022.
5. Investigation of concurrent multiscale topology optimization for designing lightweight macrostructure with high thermal conductivity, Musaddiq Al Ali, M. Shimoda, International Journal of Thermal Sciences, 179:pp. 107653, 2022.
6. Investigation of Applying Quantum Neural Network of Early-Stage Breast Cancer Detection, Amjad Sahib, Muazez Al Ali, Musaddiq Al Ali, International Journal of Online and Biomedical Engineering, 19:pp. 61-81, 2023.
7. Shape optimization method for strength design problem of microstructures in a multiscale structure, Mihiro Torisaki, Masatoshi Shimoda, Musaddiq Al Ali, International Journal of Numerical Methods in Engineering, 124:pp. 1748-1772, 2023.
8. Shape and topology optimization method for fiber placement design of CFRP plate and shell structures, Masatoshi Shimoda, Motoki Umemura, Musaddiq Al Ali, Ryosuke Tsukihara, Composite Structures, 309:pp. 116729, 2023.
9. Micropore shape optimization of porous laminated shell structures, Additive Manufacturing, Masatoshi Shimoda, Motomu Hikasa, Musaddiq Al Ali,69:pp. 103530, 2023.
10. On concurrent multiscale topology optimization for porous structures under hygro-thermo-elastic multiphysics with considering evaporation, Musaddiq Al Ali, Masatoshi Shimoda, International Journal of Numerical Methods in Engineering, 124:3219–49, 2023.
11. Non-parametric optimization for lightweight and high heat conductive structures under convection using metaheuristic structure binary-distribution method, Musaddiq Al Ali, Masatoshi Shimoda, Brahin Benaissa, Masakazu Kobayashi, Applied Thermal Engineering, 233:pp.121124 ,2023.
12. Numerical Analysis and Experimental Investigation of High Cycle Fatigue Behavior in Additively Manufactured Ti–6Al–4V Alloy, Djamel Remache, Florimont Dadouaille, Solene Lhabitant, Didier Falandry, Alain Toufine, Musaddiq Al Ali, Guillaume Cohen, Buildings, 13:pp.2011,2023.
13. On multiphysics concurrent multiscale topology optimization for designing porous heat-activated compliant mechanism under convection for additive manufacture, Musaddiq Al Ali, Masatoshi Shimoda., Engineering Structure, 294:pp. 116756- 116780, 2023.
14. Hygrally activated displacement inverter using a multiphysics multiscale topology optimization with considering evaporation, Musaddiq Al Ali, Masatoshi Shimoda, Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization,66:10:1-16,2023.
15. Exploring the influence of initial design domain dependencies in concurrent multiscale topology optimization for heat conductivity maximization, Musaddiq Al Ali, Masatoshi Shimoda, Computer Physics Communications,295:108968,2023.
1. “Chapter 18: Deep Neural Network and YUKI Algorithm for Inner Damage Characterization Based on Elastic Boundary Displacement” in “Lecture notes in Civil Engineering”, - Nasreddine Amoura, Brahim Benaissa, Musaddiq Al Ali, Samir Khatir, published in February 2023.
2. “Chapter 22: Concurrent Multiscale Hybrid Topology Optimization for Light Weight Porous Soft Robotic Hand with High Cellular Stiffness” in “Lecture notes in Civil Engineering”, Musaddiq Al Ali, Masatoshi Shimoda, Brahin Benaissa, Masakazu Kobayashi, published in February 2023.